In submitting an application to join the CFMEU, you are agreeing to the following:
I hereby apply to become a member of the State and Federally registered Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union, and I pledge to abide by the relevant rules and understand that this application is accepted by the Union unless I receive notice in writing to the contrary from the Union Secretary. My contributions shall start from the date that I sign this application form. The information collected is covered by the Privacy Act *, and will be used for purposes consistent with Union needs, in accordance with the Act.
AUTHORITY TO REPRESENT EMPLOYEE IN RELATION TO INDUSTRIAL AGREEMENTS AND INDUSTRIAL DISPUTES
- I hereby request that the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union (the “CFMEU”) represent my interests in relation to any industrial matter concerning me and any proposed agreement which is to be negotiated pursuant to the Workplace Relations Act 1996 (“the Act’), or any state legislation in relation to employment.
- In the event that such agreement is negotiated pursuant to the Act or a state Act, in relation to an AWA or any other form of statutory individual or collective agreement or individual contract, I hereby appoint the CFMEU as my bargaining agent.
- I hereby nominate the CFMEU as my representative in relation to any industrial dispute concerning me.
STATEMENT IN RELATION TO THE PRIVACY ACT
- I agree that the information contained in my application and any other information I provide to the CFMEU may be used by the CFMEU, its affiliates and agents for the purpose of communicating with me, and for other purposes consistent with the Union's rules. The Union may communicate with me in writing, electronically and verbally. I agree that the nature of such information is any information within the policy and authorisation of the CFMEU.
OBLIGATIONS ARISING FROM MEMBERSHIP OF THE CFMEU
- I acknowledge that the CFMEU Membership fees may be varied from time to time and agree to such variations.
- I agree that resignation from Membership of the CFMEU must be in writing and that it is my responsibility to ensure that such resignation is received by the Divisional Branch Secretary.
- I agree and accept that should my current method of payment of Membership Fees cease for any reason, any fees that accrue in my membership account will be due and payable by me, up to and including the date of my resignation (which is subject to the above) from the Union. I agree and accept that cessation of the Payroll Deductions does not constitute resignation from Membership.
* Our membership rules, Privacy and Direct Debit Request service agreement are available from the above office or on our web site: www.cfmeuffpd.org
** This may vary from time to time in accordance with the Union rules.