Published: 27 Apr 2017
By Jodie Bruton The Border Mail
MORE than 200 timber mill workers remain locked out of Carter Holt Harvey at Myrtleford as industrial action entered its second week on Wednesday.
Workers gave notice of rolling stoppages and overtime bans from April 19 before the company responded with a lockout.
Construction Forestry Mining and Energy Union (CFMEU) assistant district secretary Andrew Vendramini said about 207 workers – including casual staff – were affected by the industrial action.
“The guys got paid on Monday their wages for last week; some got two days’ pay or three,” he said.
“But now the company is trying to starve them out – let them go a couple of months without wages.
“There has been no production at all on site.”
Mr Vendramini said the company denied the workers’ request for a meeting on Thursday before it proposed a meeting on Friday.
Read the rest of the article on The Border Mail website here.
Click here to find out more about the campaign and find out how you can support the Myrtleford workers.