Applications close: Thursday May 31st
2 organiser positions
The Manufacturing Division is a new division of the CFMEU formed as a result of the Textile Clothing & Footwear Union (TCFUA) amalgamating with the CFMEU Forestry & Furnishing Products Division (FFPD).
Location: Victoria – worksites in both Melbourne and Regional/Country locations
Our Organiser will
- recruit new members into the union from the construction, pulp and paper, soft furnishing, manufacturing, cabinet-making, glazing, floor-laying, wood-processing, timber, textiles, clothing and footwear industries
- identify, develop, educate and support workplace delegates and activists
- assist members and delegates in resolving workplace issues and negotiating enterprise agreements, together with representing members in relevant tribunals
- develop and implement worker campaigns at a workplace, sector and industry level
- audit company supply chains for compliance
- prepare correspondence, reports, campaign and other material as required
- be able to work irregular hours as required to organise and service workers in our industries
Our industries include construction, pulp and paper, soft furnishings, manufacturing, cabinet-making, glazing, floor-laying, wood-processing, timber, textiles, clothing and footwear.
Are you our new oraniser? Download the job description here.