The CFMEU Manufacturing division is hiring a Senior Organiser to be based in Melbourne.
As our Senior Organiser, you will:
- have a passion for the union movement;
- have at least 5 years organising experience preferable in a manufacturing union ;
- recruit new members into the union from industries including forestry, wood-processing, timber & building products, glazing, floor-laying, furniture-making, glass production, pulp & paper, soft furnishings, textiles, clothing and footwear;
- identify, develop, educate and support workplace delegates and activists;
- assist organisers, members and delegates in resolving workplace issues and negotiating enterprise agreements, together with representing members in relevant tribunals;
- develop and implement worker campaigns at a workplace, sector and industry level;
- prepare correspondence, reports, campaign and other material as required;
- be able to work irregular hours as required to organise and service workers in our industries;
- mentor and assist organisers as required.
Does this sound like you?
If it does, click here for the job description and application details.