The CFMEU Manufacturing division is hiring 2 Victorian based organisers.
Our Organiser will
- recruit new members into the union from industries including forestry, wood-processing, timber & building products, glazing, floor-laying, furniture-making, glass production, pulp & paper, soft furnishings, textiles, clothing and footwear
- identify, develop, educate and support workplace delegates and activists
- assist members and delegates in resolving workplace issues and negotiating enterprise agreements, together with representing members in relevant tribunals
- develop and implement worker campaigns at a workplace, sector and industry level
- have a passion for the union movement
- prepare correspondence, reports, campaign and other material as required
- be able to work irregular hours as required to organise and service workers in our industries
Does this sound like you? Applicants will be assessed against the following criteria:
- A commitment to the principles of trade union movement and an understanding of contemporary industrial relations
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equality
- Good verbal and written communication skills, together with the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A current full Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrated skills in recruiting, organising and negotiating
- Experience as an Organiser in activist campaigns in a union or community context
- Experience working with migrant and non-English speaking background communities
- Capacity to speak a community language will be highly regarded
- Experience as a workplace delegate or activist would be an advantage
Interested? Other information you should know
Applicants must be residents who are eligible to work in Australia, and must have eligibility to obtain a Right of Entry Permit.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with relevant experience and competence, will be offered to the successful applicant.
How to apply for this job
Applications close 12 midnight on Sunday 28 October 2018 and should be addressed to Penny Gilmour at [email protected]
View the job ad here.