Applications close: Friday 9 March 2018
The Manufacturing Division is a new division of the CFMEU being formed as a result of the Textile Clothing & Footwear Union (TCFUA) amalgamating with the Forestry Furnishing Pulp & Paper Division of the CFMEU. Our industries include textile, clothing, footwear, pulp, paper and soft furnishing manufacturing, cabinet making, glazing, floor laying, wood processing and timber industry.
Full Time position based in Sydney.
Our Organiser will
- recruit new members into the union from textile, clothing, footwear, pulp, paper and soft furnishing manufacturing, cabinet making, glazing, floor laying, wood processing and timber industries
- identify, develop, educate and support workplace delegates and activists
- assist members and delegates in resolving workplace issues and negotiating enterprise agreements, together with representing members in relevant tribunals
- develop and implement worker campaigns at a workplace, sector and industry level
- audit company supply chains for compliance
- prepare correspondence, reports, campaign and other material as required
- be able to work irregular hours as required to organise and service workers in our industries
Are you our new Organiser?
Download the job description here