First Super is hiring!
FIRST Super is a Public Offer Industry Fund and therefore is open to everyone. We take pride in our heritage serving members in the forest, timber, pulp & paper, furniture & joinery sectors. Our goal is to help members achieve a dignified retirement by safeguarding and growing their capital. We achieve this by collaborating closely with stakeholders and providing quality services. The Member & Employer Services Coordinator (MESC) plays a crucial role in the Fund's growth and maintaining positive relationships with members and employers. MESCs offer factual information and general advice in line with the Fund's AFSL (Australian Financial Services License).
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide quality service to existing members and participating employers.
- Promote the Fund through various channels and forums.
- Drive member growth initiatives and strategies in collaboration with Union, Employers and other key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with members and employers.
- Manage assigned Fund employers and members, providing education and assistance to both groups.
- Ensure compliance with the Fund's requirements.
Qualifications and skills required:
- A strong passion and commitment to supporting working individuals.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and written skills.
- Technical knowledge and expertise in superannuation or a willingness to undergo training for providing financial product advice
- RG146 qualified is highly desirable.
- Capability to identify and pursue new member and employer growth opportunities.
- Ability to consult, negotiate, and engage with various stakeholders, including employers, members, and workers.
- Demonstrated experience in servicing either members or employers.
- Competence in maintaining and enhancing existing relationships.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Effective planning and time management skills.
- Capacity to prioritize tasks and meet reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- The position is full-time and permanent.
- The role involves regular intrastate and interstate travel.
- A valid Driver's License is required.
- The package includes benefits such as 5 weeks of annual leave, 13 Rostered Days Off, and a 16% superannuation contribution.
- A fully maintained motor vehicle, laptop computer, and mobile phone will be provided.
- Ongoing professional development training opportunities will be offered.
How to apply for this job:
If this sounds like you, Apply Now’ including a cover letter along with your CV or for a confidential discussion please email [email protected]
Successful applicants will be required to complete a police check. To be eligible for this position you must be an Australian resident or Australian/New Zealand Citizen.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?