FIRST Super is hiring!
National Manager- Member and Employer Superannuation Services
FIRST Super is a public offer Industry Fund and therefore is open to everyone. We take pride in our heritage serving members in the forest, timber, pulp & paper, furniture & joinery sectors. Our goal is to help members achieve a dignified retirement by safeguarding and growing their capital. We achieve this by collaborating closely with stakeholders and providing quality services. The National Manager of Member and Employer Superannuation Services plays a crucial role in the Fund's growth and maintaining management of the Member and Employer Service Coordinators (MESCs). MESCs offer factual information and general advice in line with the Fund's AFSL (Australian Financial Services License).
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Member and Employer Coordinator team.
- Leading and coaching the team to successfully engage with members and employers
- Partnering with coordinators out in the field to attract new members and employers
- Oversight of workplans and expertise in resource allocation and scheduling
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders including Unions, Associations, Sponsors and Employers
- Recruiting and training of new staff members.
- Organising training conferences and ensuring the team is adequately upskilled to deliver great outcomes whilst complying with all of the relevant laws.
- Working as a senior manager of the Fund to develop and execute strategy as directed by the Executive and the Board.
- Identify new opportunities and/or service and product improvements to enhance the outcomes for members.
- Ensure that the CRM is used effectively to enhance member and employer records and meet all compliance requirements.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team and Business Development Managers to assist in the creating and integrated, targeted and effective campaigns.
- Report to Management and the Board on activities, outcomes/targets, and plans.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Experience in managing field staff
- Experience in coaching field or contact centre staff to enhance the service experience whilst maximising opportunities
- Experience in working in a complex stakeholder environment
- RG146 qualified (or similar)
- 5 years+ experience in service management
- Superannuation/Finance experience is highly desirable
- Proven capability to perform effectively under pressure, proficiently handling and prioritizing multiple conflicting tasks within specified time limits.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a leader.
- Effective planning and time management skills.
- Outstanding communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in report writing to the Executive and Boards
- The position is full-time and permanent.
- The role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne (preferred Melbourne)
- The role involves regular intrastate and interstate travel.
- A valid Driver's License is required.
- A fully maintained motor vehicle, laptop computer, and mobile phone will be provided.
How to apply for this job
If this sounds like you, ‘Apply Now’ including a cover letter along with your CV or for a confidential discussion please email [email protected]
Successful applicants will be required to complete a police check. To be eligible for this position you must be an Australian resident or an Australian/New Zealand Citizen.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.